Sunday, May 1, 2011

I want to go live in Italy for the rest of my life

I want to go live in Italy for the rest of my life!?
I'm thirteen years old, and in four years, I'm going to Italy as an exchange student! For one whole year. After that, I'll come back to the United States and get a decent degree in the college that I go to, and then go back and live in Italy for the rest of my life! I personally think that this sounds pretty decent to me. What do you think?
Other - Italy - 20 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
OMGOSHNESSSSS SAME HERE ..and Im the same age LOL! *except its NYC..* WOOOWW watta kawinkydink =] Well, i think its more than decent but go to italy and see if u like it first bc you nvrrr know.. PEACE
2 :
It only matters if you are comfortable in where you live in. We all make choices in life, and it is choices that you really want to stick with. The best place for you to live in is the place you really like.
3 :
You will know for sure once you have been there, good luck.
4 :
have fun but I will call you a grease ball
5 :
Do it!
6 :
You are setting goals now stand by them and you will succeed.
7 :
Will you live as an expatriated person, or will you become a citizen? After you've lived there for a year, You will know for sure that you do want to live there. Wait and see.
8 :
Do you even realize how much tax they take out of your income in Italy??? I hope for your sake that you intend on having a high paying job - The political situation there right now is not pleasant. It is beautiful, but in my thinking it falls into the category of " Great place to visit but would not want to live there."
9 :
i think you should print off this page and save it to read when you are much older. and then you should go accomplish your plan.i wish i could hear about my thirteen year old self's plans for my life.
10 :
I wish things in life go exactly as we wish/hope and dream of **sigh** thats a long way away things will probably change
11 :
If you are an Italian citizen or a citizen of a EU country then it would be quite easy and even easier if you speak Italian. I love Italy (I am not Italian) and I too could live there for the rest of my life. Depending on what you want to do, what kind of work you do, will pretty much determine where you would eventually settle in Italy.
12 :
you must do it if you feel that strongly.........I want to too,I really want to live in Venice.....and wish I was in a position to do so...go for it girl......................!
13 :
I lived in Italy for many yrs. (not italian) and I have to say it is a truly beautiful country but not so beautiful about the living situation in italy due to low paying jobs and high cost living and the italians.
14 :
Its not that easy to just move here. and see what you think of the country after you live here for 1 year. Its different then what the movies make it look. To live here you need to prove to the Italian country that you can afford it. Right now is the worest time to move because the exchange rate is so bad. right now and it is costing american a lot of money right now to live here.
15 :
You might change your mind while you are in college. If you are still interested in living there you will have to get some information about what are the proper steps to live there especially if you are not a resident of Italy
16 :
13 + 4 years to wait + 1 school year + 4 years in college, then to Italy. That equates to 9 years from now before you set off for Italy to live. Hmmm...... How do you know you will not die before then, from say, AIDS that you contract from unprotected sex in junior high school? How do you know you will not trip and fall, hitting your head on the sidewalk, and end up in a coma for the next 20 years? It's a nice goal and dream, but, you will change your mind within one year from now when some external force or environmental change will affect today's decision to live in Italy for the rest of your life. How do you know you'll like it? What kind of employment will you do there? Are you prepared to speak Italian as near fluent as possible? What happens to your mindset while as an exchange student, you get raped, will you still want to return to Italy to live? What happens if Italy changes governments, to say, one that is not friendly with America and will prohibit Americans living there? Your plan is only a goal and dream. Write back to us in 9 years and give us an update on this plan.
17 :
vieni! l'Italia è bellissima!!!! sai qual'è la cosa più bella in Italia????? sono gli Italiani!!!
18 :
I'm Italian, so come here!!! L'italia è meravigliosa!!!!
19 :
i guess it's normal to have goals/ dreams etc, but a lot of times you change your mind... maybe it's better to take things as they come, you know, see if you like it in italy as an exchange student... have you ever been there? keep in mind it's very different to visit a country and to actually live there... so anyways, I'm not answering to destroy your plans, just to say, don't take it for granted that you won't change your mind and that you'll love it over there... good luck!
20 :
Do the exchange program and that will help you decide whether you will want to live there when you are older. Remember to learn Italian!




Read more discussions :

Search News